- Unique, exclusive design Great Horned Owl Pendant
- Available in solid Sterling Silver or in Yellow or White 14k Gold
- Free Shipping (USPS, continental US, ground)
- Handmade in the Pacific Northwest, USA
- Free satin cord, your choice of color
- Size(s): 20 x 31 mm, 3/4 x 1 1/4 inch
Beautiful, realistic, handmade and detailed, finished front and back. Shown sweeping in on it's prey, wings set and talons ready to strike. Three dimensional design features a hidden bale on the back of the pendant. Created using the ancient lost wax method.
AD LIB - INTERESTING INFORMATION
The Great Horned Owl, also known as a Hoot Owl, a Cat Owl, or a Tiger Owl, is one of the largest owls yet with hollow bones and mostly feathered they weigh only about two pounds. Found throughout North America, this bird was first seen in the state of Virginia. The novel, I Heard the Owl Call My Name, includes an ancient belief: when a person hears an owl call their name the end of their life is near. The character portrayed by Colin Firth in "A Single Man" heard the owl call his name; watch the movie again to catch this subtle detail.
"But at night, when the woods grow still and dim, the boldest will shrink away! O, when night falls, and roosts the fowl, Then, then, is the reign of the Horned Owl!" Barry Cornwall/Bryan Procter